Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY Transparent Clutch

If you've been following my blog, you would remember that I've blogged about a number of DIY projects I'm planning to do. 
Here's an installment to it.
FYI, I've been through A LOT just to come up with this project. I've had a hard time finding the PVC sheet. Only to find out that those hardware salesmen I've talked to doesn't refer to it as PVC sheet, rather, a table cover. Aurggh! Took me 2 weeks to finally have it! Thanks to a dear friend who's supportive enough to ask her friend to look for it!
Hmm, well, doing this project isn't that hard at all than finding the pvc sheet!
Anyhow, here's what I've came up with. Thanks again to APAS, for yet another great inspiration!
Materials you'll need:
- PVC Sheet (I used the 5mm thick)
- Studs or spikes (I used cone-shaped studs)
- Cartolina or cardboard (for the pattern) see the template from APAS, here.
- Transparent thread
- Scissor
- Marker
- Snap fastener (image not shown)

1. Draw the measurements on your cardboard. Cut the pattern and lay it over the pvc sheet.
2. Secure the cardboard with tapes before cutting, to serve as the guide.
 3. Cut the PVC following the template.
 4. Fold the PVC sheet, as shown.
5. I've put red dots to serve as a guide - to show you where the studs will be stitched on. The green dot by the way, is for the snap fasteners.
6. Stitch on the studs. I did 3-5 stitches to secure the stud in place.


I've secured 5 studs. The fifth stud was stitched on the flap. I didn't use studs with screw so I needed a snap fastener instead to serve as a latch. (The idea of using a snap fastener came in my mind late so, pardon, no photo for that part! )

Tadaaaaa! 
I just love how versatile and chic this transparent clutch is.
You can pair it with almost anything!
Of course, you don't want to flaunt every single item in your clutch. You may use a smaller sequined, colorful or any printed purse to gather and organize your stuffs.
I've used a DIY sequined purse. *wink
Do you love it as much as I do?
Feel free to let me know what you think about this tutorial! :)
More fashion DIYs to come! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Can i check where did you get the PVC sheet? can you give me an email @ g.weiyingg@gmail.com

    Thank you!!!

    Weiying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have replied to you thru email. :)

      Delete